External sources of information

External sources of information


Pension Wise

Pension Wise is a free and impartial service to help individuals with defined contribution pension savings understand their retirement choices and how they work.

This guidance is available online, over the phone or face to face and covers:

• what you can do with your Account
• the different pension types and how they work
• what’s tax-free and what’s not

Pension Wise will not, however, provide you with advice regarding which option is the most appropriate for you based on your circumstances. It is therefore recommended that you seek financial advice before you make decisions on how you will take your benefits.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on all pensions, including State, company, personal and stakeholder schemes. TPAS is available to help at any time if you have questions about your own pension arrangements.

Write to:
11 Belgrave Road

Phone: 0300 123 1047

You can also find more information about the Automatic Enrolment rules on the TPAS website.

The Pensions Regulator (TPR)

TPR oversees the running of workplace pension schemes in the UK. It has wide-ranging legal powers and can step in if employers are failing in their duties towards pension schemes. Their website contains a useful section for individuals who want to know more about automatic enrolment or have concerns in respect of their pension arrangements.

Phone: 0845 600 7060

The Government

The Government website contains a State Pensions guide, details about the Pension Tracing Service (if you have lost track of a pension) and a Pension Scheme Administration Guide.


Independent financial advice is widely available, and we recommend that you do seek advice. If you do not already have an IFA, the following organisations can help (though be aware you may be required to pay a fee for any services provided):

Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA)

Phone 020 7628 1287

IFA Promotion

(for a list of three independent financial advisers local to your area)


Neither the Company nor the Plan administrators have any connection with any of the above organisations. You must satisfy yourself that any adviser recommended is competent to provide the advice you seek.

Please note that the information given on this site does not constitute financial advice. If you are in any doubt about what action to take given your personal circumstances, we recommend that you seek advice from an independent financial adviser (IFA). You will probably be charged for this service. The Financial Conduct Authority website provides information in relation to finding a financial adviser here.

The Money Advice Service is an independent organisation set up by the government and funded by the financial services industry. They offer a free service to help everyone manage their money better.

Their website has unbiased money advice, information and tools to help you work out what is right for you: www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk. Before you contact an IFA, you should read their guide to getting financial advice which you can find in the ‘Saving and investing’ section of the website. Alternatively you can phone them on 0300 500 5000 (call rates may vary).